ENGLISH REPORT ABOUT SLAWI REGENCY
This report is arranged to fulfill English Assignment
Arranged by :
- Dimas Raditya bahwono ( XII NS 5 )
- Fathan Maula A ( XII NS 5 )
- Gita Suksesi ( XII NS 5 )
- Rizqi Amalia ( XII NS 5 )
- Sila Pinastika M. ( XII NS 5 )
- Cahyo Sugianto ( XII SS 1 )
- Vincent Adrian Wiennata ( XII SS 2 )
UPTD SMA NEGERI 1 SLAWI
K. H. Wahid Hasyim Street 1 Post Box 6 Telp. ( 0283 ) 491164
Tegal Regency, is one of regencies in Central Java province. The capital is Slawi, located about 14 km south of Tegal. This district borders the city of Tegal and the Java Sea in the north, Pemalang in the east, Banyumas in the south, and Brebes in the south and west.
The northern part of the Tegal regency is lowlands. In the south is mountainous, with the peak of Mount Slamet (3428 meters), the highest mountain in Central Java. At the border with the Pemalang regency, there are a series of hills that are not too steep. Among the major rivers that flow is Kali Gung and Kali Erang, both eyed the water at the upstream of Mount Slamet.
Tegal regency consists of 18 sub-districts, which is divided again over a number of villages and urban villages. Administrative center is located in Slawi Sub-district. Slawi was once a city sub-district, which later developed into the capital of the district which had previously been in Tegal City.
Slawi is famous for its tea production and culture moci. Although famous for its tea, Slawi is not a plateau that the cold with many tea gardens. However, Slawi is an area that is close to Pantura so that the temperature tends to heat with the contour of the slope and not hilly.
North : Adiwerna Sub-district
South : Lebaksiu Sub-district
West : Dukuhwaru Sub-district
East : Pangkah Sub-district
Slawi Subdistrict consists of 5 illage and 5 urban-village, namely:
- Slawi Kulon
- Slawi Wetan
Alamat: Jl. HOS Cokroaminoto 1, Slawi
Telp: (0283) 491025
PAMBUDIONO, BASekcam:PAMBUDIONO, BAKasubag Perencanaan dan Keuangan:NUR MUFTIAHKasubag Umum & Kepegawaian:HERMAN, S.IPKasi Tata Pemerintahan:Dra. SUMIYATIKasi Ketentraman dan Ketertiban Umum:SUCIPTOKasi Pemberdayaan Masyarakat, Desa dan Lingkungan Hidup:HADI WIYONOKasi Perekonomian dan Kesejahteraan Rakyat:ENDANG SUGIARTI, SHKasi Komunikasi dan Informatika:SUSANI, S.IP
- THE AREA : 1.361,48 ha
- TOTAL RT : 298
- TOTAL RW : 66
Source : Data Of Slawi Subregency Office In 2010
TOTAL POPULATION :
- MALE : 33.636
- FEMALE : 35.019
- MALE + FEMALE : 68.655
- SEX RATIO : 96
- Population Average/km2 : 4420 per km2
TOTAL SCHOOL IN SLAWI :
- Government Kindergarten : 1
- Private Kindergarten : 17
- Government Elementary School : 45
- Private Elementary School : 1
- Government JHS : 3
- Private JHS : 2
- Government SHS/VHS : 5
- Private SHS/VHS : 2
POPULATION DISTRIBUTION OF SLAWI :
- 1990 : 4,78
- 2000 : 4,64
- 2010 : 4,93
Source : Result Of Population Census in Slawi In 2010
FAMILY AVERAGE IN SLAWI :
- Total Family Chief : 18.948
- Family Member Average : 4,06
Source : Data Of BPS In 2010
TOTAL HOSPITAL AND PUSKESMAS IN SLAWI :
- Governement Hospital : 1
- Private Hospital : 1
- Puskesmas : 1
INDUSTRY IN SLAWI
- Big Industry : 7
- Labor : 2430
- Small Industry : 224
- Labor : 1101
RELIGION PLACE IN SLAWI
- Mosque :13
- Church : 2
- Klenteng : 1
- Pura : –
- Vihara : –
Source : Data Of BPS In 2010
Livelihoods of residents in the Slawi Sub-district among others farming, civil servants, industrial metals, and household industry which includes the timber industry (teak furniture), textiles (weaving traditional sarong), shuttle cock, and others. Slawi is a city in which the embryo of the leading tea factory in Indonesia, that is Sosro.
Tegal language has similarities with the language Banyumas (ngapak) is in the vocabulary. But most people in Tegal do not want to equated with ngapak, because it dialect different. Territory in vocabulary include: the north, namely Tegal City and Tegal Regency, west part, namely Pemalang Regency, and the eastern part, namely Brebes.
Famous Figure In Slawi :
- Limbad ( Well-Known Fakir Magician )
Other cultures that can be found in Slawi are wayang kulit and traditional batik. There is also a handicraft industry and metal industry.
Places of Interest
- Town Square Slawi (AAS), a garden with a fountain that is very large, crowded on Sunday morning and evening week, located at the front page of pavilion Tegal regency.
- Monument of Struggle GBN (Procot)
- Pearls of Light (the first supermarket) in downtown Slawi is located in front of the shop Slawi
- Dedy Jaya Plaza Slawi, namely supermarket located on Jl. Ahmad Yani, Procot
- Mako-fourth Infantry Brigade (Infantry Brigade Command Headquarters)
- Lions and Rama Cinemas (eks)
- Tambun (Garden of Flowers)
- Torch Statue Roundabout (Pakembaran)
- Masjid Agung in front of the monument GBN Slawi
- SDN 01 procot (Dutch heritage) on Jl. Nangka No.3 Procot
- Slawi Station
- Gedung Dakwah Muhamaddiyah
- Dinas Pariwisata dan Kebudayaan
- Kantor Perpustakaan Arsip Daerah
Some typical food and related activities:
- Moci – Culture of drinking tea as friends chatting, usually abuzz. Tea brewed in the soil pot (pot tea), then poured into a cup with sugar-sweetened rock. Tea in the cup is not stirred, so that the sweet taste found at tea content in the cup is running out. This causes the cup continue to poured.
- Mendoan – Tempe fried flour coated with spices. Fried half-baked. Usually as friend Moci, served with soy sauce mixed with chili. Mendoan also found in the area Banyumas.
- Sega Lengko – Lengko Rice is rice with supplementary materials such as tempeh, tofu is sliced dice, sprouts, raw cabbage, and peanut sauce and crackers.
- Tahu Aci – Tofu yellow that cut in half with a diagonal direction of the cut which later was given the diagonal sago flour in dough (aci in tegal language) and then fried.
- Rujak Teplak with tape sauce.
- Pilus – small food / snacks from wheat flour.
- Opak – a thin round cut of cassava, delicious eaten with sambal
- Sate blengong (marriage between ducks and menthok).
- Rice Ponggol Setan (Pongset)
- Olos is food like bakwan, containing vegetables such as cabbage and other distinctive taste that is spicy.
- Tahu Pletok – Tahu pletok is not the same as tahu aci,so where is the difference?Here is the difference, if tahu aci is made from yellow tahu, then tahu pletok is made from brown-covered tahu. Usually this brown-covered tahu is triangular in shape. To make tahu pletok, brown-covered tahu is divided into two pieces but not done cutting. Make it being rectangular. Then, its top is given flour mould (aci), have it fried till being crisp and crunchy.
Food Places Famous
• Mie Semplo in front of the theater Lions
• Soto Pusdok Cessnasari, rear PLN
• Sate Kambing No.4 (rear Slawi PLN)
• Sate Tomo
• Bakso Kumis
• Martabak Manis in Slawi Station.
• Es Lontrong in Kampung Budimulya alley.
Arranged by :
1. Dimas Raditya bahwono ( XII NS 5 )
2. Fathan Maula A ( XII NS 5 )
3. Gita Suksesi ( XII NS 5 )
4. Rizqi Amalia ( XII NS 5 )
5. Sila Pinastika M. ( XII NS 5 )
6. Cahyo Sugianto ( XII SS 1 )
7. Vincent Adrian Wiennata ( XII SS 2 )